HelpPREGNANCY SUPPORT CENTRE
Pregnant and alone? Afraid? Don’t know what to do? Need Help?
CALL US NOW FOR FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL COUNSELLING AND SUPPORT! WE CAN HELP!
Charlene 081 601 0587
Rosalind 081 266 5544
WHY WE HELP
The topic of unwanted and unplanned pregnancies is not one easily discussed and is often shrouded in secrecy and shame.
Baby dumping, as it is so cruelly called, is a well-known problem in Namibia. The result is most of the babies die and the women go without essential post-natal physical and emotional care. The women also suffer through their pregnancy alone and are desperate.
This loneliness and despair leads many women to attempt to abort their babies in extremely dangerous ways which leave many of them scarred, both physically and emotionally, for life and the babies either dead or damaged.
HOW WE HELP
Providing loving counselling, support and training for all women and men in Namibia facing an unplanned pregnancy.
It is our mission to save the lives of unborn babies by helping their hopeless mothers, educating communities on adoption and foster care, and providing skills training to mothers facing an unplanned pregnancy to assist them in caring for their child or children.
Many of the women we serve are unemployed so a sister project is our Business Starter Project where we try to help the women earn an income so they can support themselves and their children.
what we offer
The Centre is open to women and men whose partners are facing an unplanned pregnancy or suspect they are pregnant. The following services are provided:
- Assistance with registering with the closest ante-natal clinic.
- Counselling to provide empathetic support and assist the client with their emotional well being.
- Information on the options the client has with regards to the pregnancy and the baby to assist each person in making an informed decision.
We follow a five way holistic approach that focuses on individual care.
- Assistance with registering with the closest ante-natal clinic to get basic medical care.
- Devotions, prayer and spiritual support.
- Donations of baby and mommy care items to take care of physical needs.
- Extensive counselling to care for the emotional wellbeing of the clients.
- Training programs and mentorship on a wide range of relevant topics to care for their educational needs with the goal of becoming self-sufficient.
We have secured office and storage space and are in need of the following items:
- Nappies/diapers in sizes 0 to 5.
- Wipes….lots and lots of wipes.
- We also accept reusable wipes and nappies/diapers.
- Clothes for babies and children up to age 18.
- We will gladly accept any new or second hand items that are clean and in good condition and that you would still be proud to use yourself.
Donations can be made by bank transfer to:
Account Name: Hope for Life Foundation
Account Number: 6226 8439 661
The true heart of this project is you, the volunteers. We need the following help:
- Counsellors – basic counselling training with a heart to help hurting women is preferred. Training will be provided specific to unwanted and unplanned pregnancies.
- Medical staff – nurses and doctors who provide basic medical check-ups.
We are listening
5 Tunschel Street, Pionierspark
Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Rosalind: +264 81 266 5544
Charlene: +264 81 601 0587