HelpPREGNANCY SUPPORT CENTRE
Pregnant and alone? Afraid? Don’t know what to do? Need Help?
CALL US NOW! WE CAN HELP!
081 601 0587
WHY WE HELP
The topic of unwanted and unplanned pregnancies is not one easily discussed and is often shrouded in secrecy and shame.
Baby dumping, as it is so cruelly called, is a well-known problem in Namibia. The result is most of the babies die and the women go without essential post-natal physical and emotional care. The women also suffer through their pregnancy alone and are desperate.
This loneliness and despair leads many women to attempt to abort their babies in extremely dangerous ways which leave many of them scarred, both physically and emotionally, for life and the babies either dead or damaged.
HOW WE HELP
Providing loving counselling, support and training for all women and men in Namibia facing an unplanned pregnancy.
It is our mission to save the lives of unborn babies by helping their hopeless mothers, educating communities on adoption and foster care, offering preventative programs on abortion and abandoning babies at schools and providing skills training to mothers facing an unplanned pregnancy to assist them in caring for their child or children.
what we offer
- Tests to confirm pregnancy.
- Basic medical checks such as weight and blood pressure will be carried out by a medical staff member.
- Counselling to provide empathetic support and assist the client with their emotional well being.
- Information on the options the client has with regards to the pregnancy and the baby to assist each person in making an informed decision.
We follow a five way holistic approach that focuses on individual care.
- Basic medical checkup to ensure well being of the mother and child.
- Devotions, prayer and spiritual support.
- A shop with baby care items to take care of physical needs. Clients use tokens earned by attending training programs.
- Extensive counselling to care for the emotional wellbeing of the clients.
- Training programs on a wide range of relevant topics to care for the educational needs.
We are in phase one of the project and need funding for the following activities:
- Securing a suitable facility for our first centre in Windhoek;
- Furnishing the facility;
- Stocking the shop that the clients can use tokens to ‘purchase’ from;
- Recruiting qualified staff;
- Daily running costs.
Donations can be made by bank transfer to:
Account Name: CFC Missions
Bank: Bank Windhoek
Account Number: 8002914039
Reference: Hope for Life (this is very important)
The true heart of this project will be you, the volunteers. We need to fill the following positions:
- Manager – daily operations, staff, fundraising, marketing and liaising with donors.
- Admin officer – all admin duties and manning reception.
- Medical staff – nurses and doctors who provide basic medical check-ups.
- Social worker – training counsellors, giving information to the clients, training programs, placing children in either foster care or adoptive homes.
- Counsellors – basic counselling training with a heart to help hurting women is preferred. Training will be provided specific to unwanted and unplanned pregnancies.
- Trainer – present the training programs for the clients.
We are listening
We’re on the lookout for the perfect spot.
Monday to Thursday:
8am – 1pm & 2pm – 4pm Friday: 8am – 1pm
Charlene: +264 81 601 0587 CEO: +264 81 148 3884