CLOTHING AND FOOD PARCELSBARE NECESSITIES PROJECT
CLOTHING AND FOOD
The Bare Necessities of Life
Through word of mouth, we have become a collection and distribution point for clothing and food parcels as well as toys, blankets, baby items and other unwanted household items. Other charitable organisations contact us with specific requests for children throughout Namibia and we provide custom parcels that meet their needs.
We work with local municipalities throughout Namibia and social workers to ensure that the clothing and food go to those who really need them. They also make sure the families receive the emotional and social support that they need.
What We Need
We will gladly accept any new or second hand items that are clean and in good condition and that you would still be proud to use yourself.
- Nappies/diapers sizes 0-5.
- We also accept reusable wipes and nappies/diapers.
- Lactogen formula 1 and 2.
- Infacare formula 1 and 2.
- Sanitary Pads
- Winter clothing for babies and children up to age 18.
- Shoes. We do not have any shoes and they are really needed.
- Nutritious food items such as beans, split peas, pilchards, peanut butter and canned fish.
- Staples such as rice, oats and whole-wheat flour.
- Fresh fruit and veggies such as apples, butternut, sweet potatoes and beetroot.
- Healthy treats such as popcorn, dates and raisins.
Bags of Items Received
All since May 2020
We have only just started but have been overwhelmed by the response from our community. We work closely with local municipalities and social workers to make sure the clothing and food goes to those who really need it and that they get emotional support too.